Bryan L. Gipson is a highly experienced hotel real estate broker and consultant who specializes in the sale and valuation of hospitality assets. In his 25 year career, Mr. Gipson, has sold over 125 hotels and consulted on the valuation of another 250 hotel assets. He has a broad skill set in the fields of hotel brokerage, valuation analysis, market analysis and property tax abatement.
Mr. Gipson began his career as a property tax professional in 1992 working for Property Tax Specialists (PTS) of Silver Spring, Maryland. During his tenure with PTS, Mr. Gipson was responsible for commercial property tax appeals throughout the state of Florida. His clientele included institutional, corporate and individual owners of hospitality assets, shopping centers, multi-family apartment buildings, office buildings and golf courses.
In 1997 Mr. Gipson began to specialize in the field of hotel brokerage. His first hotel sale was in late 1997 when he arranged the sale of the Whitehall Oceanfront Resort, a 210 room full service, oceanfront resort, in Daytona Beach, Florida to Boykin Lodging Company of Cleveland, Ohio. The property is currently operates as the Plaza Ocean Club, Daytona Beach, Florida and was eventually sold to Bray & Gillespie, LLC.
In 1998, Mr. Gipson brokered the sale of the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort, Daytona Beach, Florida. This 323 room, full service, oceanfront resort was owned by Turnberry Associates of Miami, Florida and was sold to Bray & Gillespie, LLC. Formerly known as The Clarendon Hotel, this first class oceanfront resort was built in 1888 and was considered one of the Grande Dame Hotels of Florida during the gilded age. The hotel is located at 600 North Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, Florida and is currently operated as the Plaza Resort & Spa.
From 1998 to 1999, Mr. Gipson arranged the sale of four additional oceanfront resorts in the Daytona Beach market to Bray & Gillespie, LLC; The Treasure Island Resort, a 234 room full service oceanfront resort, The Acapulco Resort, a 132 room full service oceanfront hotel, The Beachcomer Resort, a 189 room full service oceanfront resort and the Best Western LaPlaya Oceanfront Resort, a 235 room, full service oceanfront hotel.
In 2000, Mr. Gipson began a 12 year association with Florida Resort Group, Inc. (FRGI), a hotel brokerage firm located in Largo, Florida. As Managing Partner with Florida Resort Group, Inc., Mr. Gipson, was responsible for the listing and sale of over 125 full and limited service hotel properties throughout the state of Florida including Tharaldson Hospitality's Florida hotel portfolio.
In 2012, Mr. Gipson was offered the position of Vice President of the Property Tax Division of HVS Global Hospitality Services (HVS). HVS is the world’s largest appraisal and consulting firm specializing in hotel, motel and hospitality assets.
During his three year association with HVS, Mr. Gipson was responsible for property tax consulting and valuation of full service, limited service and select service hospitality assets for institutional clients as well as individual owners. Mr. Gipson’s responsibilities included negotiation with local assessing authorities and the presentation of supporting evidence and direct testimony before numerous Boards of Assessment and Value Adjustment Boards. In his tenure with HVS, Mr. Gipson was responsible for saving HVS clients millions of dollars ad valorem tax payments.
Mr. Gipson’s extensive experience as a hotel broker and property tax professional gives him an uncommon insight into understanding the intricacies of hotel valuation. He has an acute awareness of the separation of a hotel’s value components. His extensive training makes him well versed in the proper procedures of how to separate the value of real property from tangible personal property and business value.
- HVS GLOBAL HOSPITALITY SERVICES
Vice President-Property Tax Division
- FLORIDA RESORT GROUP, INC
Broker - Managing Partner
- GIPSON REAL ESTATE SERVICES
Port Orange, Florida
- PROPERTY TAX SPECIALISTS, INC
Silver Spring, Maryland
- GIPSON REAL ESTATE
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI
PEARL RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Appraisal Institute Classes Completed:
Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice – 15 hours
Basic Appraisal Principles – 30 hours
Basic Appraisal Procedures – 30 hours
Basic Income Capitalization – 39 hours
Highest and Best Use and Market Analysis – 40 hours
- Realtor’s Institute Graduate
- HVS GLOBAL HOSPITALITY SERVICES
- Hyatt Place Airport Jacksonville, Florida
- TownePlace Suites Jacksonville, Florida
- Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach, Florida
- Hilton Pensacola Beach, Florida
- Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach, Florida
- Days Inn Brooksville, Florida
- Microtel Inn & Suites Brooksville, Florida
- Motel 6 Spring Hill, Florida
- Best Western Plant City, Florida
- Comfort Suites Fairgrounds, Tampa, Florida
- Country Inn & Suites Airport Tampa, Florida
- Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North, Tampa, Florida
- Days Inn Historic District Brandon, Florida
- Hampton Inn Seffner, Florida
- Hampton Inn Tampa Brandon, Florida
- Hilton Garden Inn Riverview, Tampa, Florida
- Holiday Inn Express Ruskin, Florida
- Holiday Inn Express Telecom Park, Tampa, Florida
- Howard Johnson Busch Gardens Tampa, Florida
- SpringHill Suites Tampa, Florida
- Radisson Hotel Ft Myers, Florida
- Ramada Limited Ft Myers, Florida
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakewood Ranch Bradenton, Florida
Contact Bryan Gipson
All fields with an * are required.